السبت، ٢٣ مارس ٢٠١٣

Passion

One memory ..
In Cairo, I used to go to a mechanic's workshop to repair my car from time to time. The workshop is somewhere near Abasseya .. anyway .. perhaps it was not more than 3-4 times. The place is managed by an old engineer, one of those dedicated old experts you might see frequently in the crowded capital. The man, who is actually a friend of my uncle, is always sitting at his office upstairs. The office, quite small, is glass-windowed so he could see how the technicians worked down there. The place almost fitted for maximum five cars. I, like others, used to stand down next to the car while one of the poor guys was working on it. A scenario that is always going on: a technician tells the old man about the issue, and the old man gives an order in 2 sentences, what to check, what to change and he might address the client with price possibilities. It's quite strange but I loved the scene. I almost dreamt to be at his place; a humble office, not air-conditioned, nothing attractive actually, but the experience. The man, whom I hope is still doing well with his work, is one very good support when it comes to hard work, studying or any rediculous job. I'm now working on a Master's degree in Germany, and still remember him from time to time. That man, equally like professors I see here, spent an entire life for mastering their subject. They had a hard time, and they did it with passion. That man, equal to those professors, are a quite good source of inspiration. :)

ليست هناك تعليقات: